Sunday, January 10, 2010

Dreaming of Bed Linens


For as long I can recall, I have insisted on having bed linens that are fluffy and plush.  In my mind luxurious bedding had to be cloud-like and down filled.

This picture isn't the best example because the duvet looks incredibly wrinkled and flat, but at it's best, this duvet fits the bill.


And then there is this bed at the house in Bodega Bay, which is dream-like.  To me a good night's sleep is directly related to how much down a bed contains.  But recently some beds that I have seen are changing my mind.


What's not to love about this beautiful bed?  There is no down in sight, yet it looks so comfortable.


I think I would be very comfortable in this bed as well.


What draws me to these beds is how simple, yet refined they all look.  Any one of these styles would be very pleasing.











And even though this bed has a lot of fluffy pillows on it, it still seems to be missing the fluffy duvet at the foot of the bed.  I love how the blanket gently drapes across the bed.  It looks like the perfect place to curl up with a good book on a Sunday afternoon.

Then there is the topic of dust mites.  Since most down comforters can't be easily laundered, maybe I don't want fluffy and plush at all.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love all of these. The sheets in Bodega Bay! And the room with light blue walls and the red and white quilt. Ahhhh...