Monday, December 28, 2009

An Ocean of Inspiration


I love neutral palettes.  At the same time I want to make sure that color is incorporated into the space.  This jar of shells and sea glass provides the perfect combination of colors to take a cue from.  There is a variety of colors, but they all blend so comfortably together.

I think this photo highlights the collection very nicely.  I love how the light green glass looks against the shells.  I believe that it is the soft green that emphasizes the delicate colors in the surrounding shells.


These three garden stools remind me of the shell collection.  They would be a welcome addition to any room with a pale palette.



If you look at this abalone shell, you will also notice that there are multiple pale colors in it.  I am amazed by how many colors are packed into such a small shell.



If I were to choose this jar of shells and glass as my inspiration for a color palette, I wouldn't hesitate to add this chair from Wisteria.

 I think that either one of these fantastic lamps would look right at home with the chair.

And while I am dreaming of ways to create a room from a shell collection, I might as well give myself an inspired view.

For the time being though, the jar of inspiration is all I have.  Luckily I never get tired of what I see!



1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love this post! Beautiful colors. I want those lamps. :-)