Wednesday, December 30, 2009

On the Outside Looking In

    I really enjoy going for a walk.  There is always so much to see and think about, and no matter how many times I may walk down the same street, I am able to spot something that I hadn't noticed before.  I am intrigued by the creative ways that the occupants are able to create a look that makes their house unique from those surrounding it.  I love that even in an urban setting, where the entire block of houses may be architecturally similar, some exteriors really stand out.  On a trip to Boston earlier this year I took some pictures of my favorite examples.  The following images are from that walk.





























When I am looking at these lovely exteriors, I find myself wondering if the interiors are as beautiful as they look from the street.

No comments: